Monday, January 28, 2013

It's been so long

I know I know where the hell have I been? Working parenting blah blah blah. I have forgot about you old blog old friend when something happened this weekend that made me remember why I love you so.

It began Friday night when it started to snow. I went to the drugstore and the kids were all tucked in bed when B asked me to come back with some snow. So I did what any good mommy would do I wrapped my frozen fingers around the whitest spot I could find and brought it home. The kids were thrilled. B grabbed a handful and proceeded to eat it. Some of you folks in places other than NYC might think this is fine but in NYC all sorts of badness can be in that snow. Crack viles, dog pee, you name it its there.  That's is why we have a firm no eating the snow rule in our house.

Anyhow within about 15 min B found the filling in the pinata- rock salt. I don't know if you know what happens when you eat rock salt but it ain't pretty. The kid began to puke and puke like a foul smelling chunkie fountain. It was so bad I had to leave the room lest I join him.

Within two minutes of stopping he ripped off all his clothes and began to run back and forth across our apartment screaming in naked glee.

He grabbed his sister dragged her across the floor while laughing in delight. I finally cornered  him in the bathroom and tried to talk him down. He turned from me and with a giant push he shoved our glass shower door and it smashed into pieces filling the tub with broken glass. 

It was then that I knew the blogging must continue.

4 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

This is the craziest thing I have read this week! (Also, are you sure they don't salt the streets with "bath salts" there??! That is the craziest reaction I've ever heard of...)

Mama Pajama said...

oh...my goodness. glad you're back, sorry this is why! put the two of them youngsters in a box and mail them up for a weekend at Auntie Mama Pajama's - there's plenty of good eating snow up here! ♥

Suzie said...

They're packed up and ready to go and just in case lock up those bath salts and your string cheese

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Ha! Welcome back.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing