Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Give Me Back My Candy!

On Friday in my preschool graduation anxiety I bought a candy bar. Not any candy bar but a Hershey bar. I have to be in the right mood to eat them but when I am they are just so good. I ate a few bites and put it away in my draw for another day. You never know when a chocolate bar could come in handy. All weekend I thought about that bar. I knew Monday morning if I wanted to I could walk in my office at 7am and eat the whole thing.

On Monday I came into my office and there on my desk was a wrapper. A brown crumpled up wrapper. Yes, someone had eaten my candy bar. At first I was ok with it. NO biggy. I could have had other things stolen I mean a candy bar is not much to loose. But as the week has gone on (yes I know it is only Tuesday) I have gotten more resentful about that bar.

I mean I could be eating its delicious chocolatiness right now. But no! Some lunatic bursts into my office over the weekend and steals my little piece of joy. What mean nasty person does a thing like that. Its my candy bar! Not theirs! I am trying not to let my obsession grow but now I want to find this person. I want to find out what kind of heartless meany would do such a thing. I will not rest until I have found the culprit. I will not cease until I have caught the evil dooer and brought them to cholatey justice!

On the flip side B's graduation was great. Here's a picture. Isn't he cute?



and here is an empanada (as some of you were not familiar with its flaky crust and its yummy meat or cheese filling)

and here is a picture of a chocolate bar

cute as well but please note the chocolate bar is not holding a diploma and does not have a flaky crust or a yummy meat or cheese filling..

Poor chocolate bar....

I may be a little obsessed

22 comments:

MrsM said...

Candy thieves have hearts that are black on the inside! Then again I am viciously territorial about my special candy-so I say find the person responsible!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

gotta love those little hats

Erin said...

MMMM I made empanadas the other nite for dinner.

Tay said...

Who steals candy bars from inside other peoples' desks? Weird.

Glad the graduation went well. :)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You MUST lay a trap and catch that thief!
I can't wait to hear all about it.

PS. Your graduate is precious!

Susan said...

Little B looks adorable. In regards to the candy...stealing is stealing, no matter who does it. Sheesh.

Unknown said...

Little B looks adorable in his hat...that aside...
The mean and terrible person who stole your candy bar should be spanked. I know we don't do "spankings" anymore in this society, but sometimes a situation calls for a good old fashioned spanking and stealing a candy bar is one of those times.

namaste said...

empenadas are delish! your boy looks so cute in his cap.

sorry about the candy bar :(

Not Your Aunt B said...

Oh no they di'int! Stealing chocolate is a sin unless it was a dire emergency.
How cute and grown up does he look? I love it! You must be so proud (and a little teary). I may need to scrounge up some empanadas- they are making me hungry!

Forgetfulone said...

What a cute photo of B!

honeypiehorse said...

Someone went into your drawer, ate a half-eaten candy bar and left the wrapper for you to find? Only family can do something like that. It doesn't sound like the work of a sane colleague.

Laurie | Express Yourself to Success said...

I can't believe they left the wrapper on your desk! How cruel! If I were you, I'd get two more bars and down them both. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Leaving the wrapper on the desk is way over the top. It's like rubbing your face in it! Swab it for DNA. Don't let this go unpunished.

And that's an adorable graduation picture, by the way.

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Obsessed? Not at all...someone stole candy from your desk and left evidence for you to find on a Monday morning. That is the meanest of mean.

Cute graduation picture!

Adrienne said...

Little B is adorable with his cap and diploma!

I agree with honeypiehorse - I'm hoping that was a family member. From a coworker that behavior is too weird.

honeywine said...

Find them and make an example of them, I say! :) Mmm...now I want to make an empanada (I had bad Mexican food last night...made by real Mexicans which made it especially disappointing!).

Vered said...

B is seriously cute. :)

I would have resented a stolen candy bar too.

docgrumbles said...

I'd be furious. You just don't steal someone's chocolate!

Ailurophile said...

Hope you find the culprit soon and bring him/her to justice. Cute graduation pic! Have a great week :)

April said...

ohhhh, i would be PISSED about the candy bar.

Adrienne said...

I tagged you today - play if you like :)

bevchen said...

People who steal chocolate are just EVIL!

Those empanda things look just like pasties. Mmm, I want a pasty!

(I came over from Callapipper tree by the way :-) )

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing