Monday, August 3, 2009

Here It Comes

So I am turning 40 on Sunday. I must say I thought it would be a lot more graceful than this. I feel like I am heading into the future whining and crying and being pulled along by my feet by father time. When I imagined this day I imagined myself shoulder straight head up walking proudly into 40. But keep in mind I also imagined flying cars and weekend vacation to the moon (sort of a non cartoon Jetsons). But here I am 39.99999 and moving on. I am depressed sore and generally filled with anxiety.

I keep doing a mental recap of life so far and I think Hey Suzie buck up things are pretty good you've accomplished a lot. I wont go into my list of accomplishments as my mother would say its a kenahurah and will call the fates down to destroy any happiness I may have. But I think I have a pretty good list. But I still feel terrible as the big 40 descends.

I think I may be having a mid life crisis. And perhaps I should just embrace it. I mean I've already gotten the tattoo maybe I should get a bright red sports car and some arm candy Perhaps I should run away and join the circus or start a religious cult. But I think I may be too tired for all of that.

So instead I will go to bed at 9pm all this week wake up and drink decaf and try not too eat too many birthday cupcakes my son will make with love and probably some snot. Ain't aging grand.

16 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

how are you doding with the driving? 40 gives you time to prepare for 50...lol

Susan said...

Wait until you need the Ben-Gay and the reading glasses. I hope you have a happy birthday and that you can stay awake long enough to enjoy it.

Cutter said...

We met right after we turned 15. Now, we're both about to turn 40.

Give us some credit, Suz.

WE MADE IT. ;)

Unknown said...

I like what your friend "Cutter" is saying... You've made it... and give yourself some credit. Yay! 40 really is the new 20! :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

Not only did you make it, but you're fun, funny, beautiful and talented! If only everyone was like that at 40...you know people are jealous!

April said...

happy birthday :-) try to enjoy it!!!

DM said...

Just a number, right?

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

I dealt with 40 by getting an extra big cake! I love that you got a tattoo for your birthday. Hope it's a great one with happy surprises!

Madge said...

i'm 42. kind of feel like a deer in the headlights/what the hell is happening/how did i get here.....

i'm sure 50 will be when i hit my graceful well accomplished stage

Mama Pajama said...

Happy late birthday!!! Love the tat, you hot young thing! Swill another drink, and spit it right back in Old Man Time's face - you rock, my scumptious darling!!!!

Ailurophile said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great time today and the '40s bring lots of joy and happiness to you :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Suzie.40's not bad at all! It's when you get on the wrong side of 55 that you think "That's enough now...yep, right here will do thank-you." Have a great day!!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Suzie, I hope you're not in a cave somewhere, mourning your lost youth! The forties are fun(!) and if they aren't you can always get medication!

Tina said...

snot lol. i know how you feel im dreading hitting 30 and dreading getting older! we cant we stay 18 forever!!

Rank up by seo said...

Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future.
เว็บบอลออนไลน์

Rank up by seo said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us.
UFA

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing