Friday, April 3, 2009

My Baby is A Genius!

You know me. I'm not one of those parents who gloss over the hard stuff I can be cynical even a little sarcastic at times when talking about parenting. But something happened today that made me the sappiest, gushiest most over the top mommy ever. My little boy my sweet little baby wrote his name for the first time.

He just sat down and boom there it was.

So I did what any other reasonable person would do. I snatched it out of his hands ran into my office and promptly burst into tears. After that I called his Dad his Grandma and Grandpa and all of my in laws. Then I emailed every relative yes, even Aunt Carol who has never liked me since that grilled cheese incident of 74 (just don't ask) yes, even Aunt Carol received an email with an attachment containing in high definition and a ridiculously huge size (so one can study it if need be) my baby's first writing of his name.

After I was done with that I went on Face book and posted my sons crayon masterpiece that proves he is not just any four year old he is a super genius ready for early college admissions with the beautiful writing of his name.

I stopped myself from running out of work and having the paper laminated and framed so upon my death bed I could gaze at his first name printing and cry with joy at my wonderful son who could do no wrong ever for any reason (shhh...I'm having a moment)

So for now I will bathe in the glory that is my sons first writing of his name and hope my tears of joy do not smear the wonderful red crayon that spelled his wonderful amazing name.

...Maybe I should lay off the caffeine for a while too.

23 comments:

Erin said...

Yea! Congrats!! Mine is throwing himself againts the bars of his crib in timeout.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the whole family for having a genius, LOL! You must be so proud. :)

Karen said...

Congratulations on your genius! I just put up a post about my grand-daughter who is also a genius! Check it out!

Susan said...

I am so proud of him. You go ahead and gloat, to go from throwing shoes to writing is quite a big step. Thumbs up from me!

Adrienne said...

That's awesome!
And grilled cheese can be so tricky!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Yey! Hooray!
That is something to celebrate!

King of New York Hacks said...

Ok , here's my advice.

More caffeine
More crayons

and you'll have a Hemingway or a Twain in a week !!

honeypiehorse said...

Congratulations on this childhood milestone. That's big. My oldest can already write her name but I'm waiting for her to read 'cat.'

Helen said...

Dear Insane Mommy! For sure you have not gone round the bend ... this is a milestone of extraordinary proportion! Save it, laminate it, frame it, relish in it! For this is a first - and only!

There will be so many others we can't wait to share as well. You are a delightful writer .....

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Are you kidding?! I would save that. I already have a scribble that will be treasured forever (my daughter's first "face"). I think it's great.

zipbagofbones said...

so exciting! congratulations, i'm pretty sure that means he'll be recruited by all the fancy colleges. for free.

i didn't write my name until just last year (insisted an being called the symbol for pie until then), which explains why i owe more in student loans than i do for my house.

Anonymous said...

LAMO - I think that is the only requirement for college entry, he really is a genius. :P

Congratulations ;-)

DM said...

haha - i so feel ya!!!

Vered said...

"Maybe I should lay off the caffeine for a while too."

Maybe you should. :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

Yay! I don't even *know* him and I am so proud of him. What a huge milestone. Makes me all teary eyed thinking of it. I am sure you will save it.

And what kind of vitamins are you feeding him because, hello!, he wrote his name! He is a genius!

MrsM said...

Yay~the first time they write their name is definitely a genius moment =)

Good job to your little one!

Anonymous said...

What? You aren't going to post it on your blog?? I want to see it!

Forgetfulone said...

I think you should have it laminated!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Frame it!

The Mrs. said...

i loved seeing him write his name for the first time. I just wonder if ill be as touched when he writes I hate mom one day!

Mark said...

Awesome! Hope you enjoyed the weekend! :)

Debbie said...

Awe, you are a normal mom! Congrats. That is a big day.

Anonymous said...

buy ativan withdrawal short term ativan use - illegal buy ativan online

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing