Friday, April 17, 2009

Say It With Shredded Cheese

I gotta say. There's no use holding back. I'M gonna say it loud and proud... I hate cooking!

Hate it!
Loath it!
Detest it!

So how is it I am now the cook for my kids my husband sometimes even my parents and now MY WORK!!!! OK there's a long story connected with it but suffice it to say the cook she is gone and no one including me wants to be the cook anymore. So rather than let the kids starve. Rather than let the parents complain and relvot I am now up to my elbows in baby bottles and graham crackers.

Not to sound like the guy on Star Trek but I'm a doctor not a cook dammit!

In this job as daycare director I have drained radiators, killed large bugs, unblocked toilets. I even held a girls arm on as part of it dangled off after falling off the jungle gym. I did this all gladly with a smile on my face (except for the last one cause that would just be sick) but making macaroni and cheese for 56 ungrateful kids and teachers...NO! I say NO!

Why why did I go to school for a million years to get my PhD? Go into debt with school loans? Was it to spill someone else's breast milk all over my suit jacket? Was it so I could make 56 pita pizzas?

No!

In fact I just threw a fit with shredded cheese that left me embarrassed and slimy. And why? Cause I don't wanna be the cook anymore!

I hate it!

I hate it!

I hate it!

...anyone need a job?

16 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ha! How 'bout posting that on craigslist? You make it sound so attractive. :)

Ali said...

Oh I hear you. I do not wish to be in your position, At. All.

Erin said...

Oh no!
Hope you find a cook soon!

maryt/theteach said...

I feel for you Suzie... I gave up cooking for the extended family years ago. I know your problem is different you're talking about your immediate family. How about ordering in one night and eating out another night? That's a kind of a compromise. Not interested in compromise? Then I don't know what to tell you! BTW Hi, I haven't visited in a while...

April said...

I totally hate cooking, too. Sylvia's taking cooking now. I'm hoping she takes over cooking for the family very, very soon!

Susan said...

Oh Dear, I like to cook, but there is just two of us now, so it's much easier. Soon your kids will be old enough to learn to help in the kitchen. Maybe you could call a temp service for the school cook. You need to be concentrating on other things. In the meantime, we're here for you.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I agree totally. I don't remember applying for the cook, dishwasher, maid etc. jobs!

Tina said...

i know sometimes i like to have a day off from cooking too. its nice to be waited on for a change lol

Helen said...

Actually ...... I'm looking for a job AND I am a darned good cook. My degree (BA) won't be a conflict, I promise you. Though at age 67 I may be a little too old? (I have tons of energy, dedication and love kids.)

MrsM said...

Do you like to clean? We can set up a trade. I love cooking, but DETEST cleaning-so I'll cook for 56 people and you'd come over and clean for the 4.5 of us.

[PS I think you'd have the harder job]

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Man, you are a jill of all trades.
I hate cooking too. If I ever strike it rich the first thing I'm buying is a cook for my kitchen. He doesn't even have to be handsome...I don't care!

Vered said...

I love baking and, for the most part, hate cooking, yet I'm the designated cook in this household too. :(

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I don't blame you! I really don't like cooking either. Back when I would do it every once in a while for myself - I didn't mind it. But now that there are all of these chicken nugget eating children involved...I'll pass.

Stacy said...

I don't think you could pay me enough to take that job. Not that I'm looking.

Anonymous said...

Not bouncing out of bed in the morning, full of enthusiasm?? You have my utmost sympathy. 100%.How do you do it.I shudder just thinking about it.

Annie said...

OMG. That sounds horribly disgusting.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing