Monday, April 20, 2009

I Got IT!

Little S has eczema that seems to flare up for no rhyme or reason. When she gets a flare up we cover the area twice a day with a prescription cream and then smother her in Crisco. I know it sounds crazy but in a day or two it usually goes away.

My hubby on the weekends gives the kids a bath. So I reminded him about using the cream after her bath.

Its in the second draw I reminded him by the diaper rash cream.

Got it he said.

After the bath I heard crying and the sounds of a struggle. I wandered into the bathroom.

He seemed really annoyed and told me I got it! I did it last night it was fine it'll be fine again tonight! She just doesn't like it.

I looked around but the prescription cream was no where in sight.

But honey I don't see the prescription cream just the Crisco. I said trying not to sound like the nagging wife I am. What cream are you using?

The cream from the second draw. He barked at me.

I looked down my crying little baby was completely white like a ghost. She smelled like fish and seemed very put out.

And in my hubby's hand was the diaper rash cream.

Yes my hubby had covered my baby head to toe in destine.

I wondered why it was so hard to spread. He grumbled.

20 comments:

Ali said...

Hehe. I love that he just accepts that it was hard to spread rather than check if it was the correct cream. Sounds like something my hubs would do.

MrsM said...

That's awesome! Daddy's have a special way with the kids, don't they? Too funny....

The Mrs. said...

wow. just wow.

was this just a set up so that you would always be the one to do this from here on out? I always have to wonder with mine...

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Totally sounds like something that would happen at my house...

Adrienne said...

Just what you want after bath time - a baby that smells like a fish! Maybe if you're a barracuda.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Daddies! If they say they have it under control, you'd better check in on them. It is pretty funny though I am sure he didn't think so last night.

Becky said...

do you use bubblebath? my son had bad eczema on his ankle until we stopped using the bubble bath..now it's totally disappeared.

namaste said...

wow. i am so glad the younger days are gone. it seems our younguns were always battling something, eczema, dry scalp, chicken pox, heat rash- good grief! good you have a blog and a sense of humor.

;)

Kmommy said...

LOL!! Men!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Too funny. Poor little thing.
At least it wasn't hemorrhoid cream!

Sue said...

but did it help? he may have found the cure?

Maria said...

What is it with hubby's that they can't figure out anything on their own?? Something as simple as taking out the trash becomes impossible, lol. At least it was just desitine.

Anonymous said...

Ah little kids bathtimes. I remember them well.Actually I remember the bad back that went with the bending and lifting.Hopefully I might be in for round 2 in the next ten years.Hope the eczema clears. Hang in there!!

Susan said...

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Those hubbies, we have to keep an eye on them, don't we? Have a good weekend. Susan

Veronica said...

I LOVE IT! It's something my other half would do.

tiff said...

Oh dear...

Oh dear.

I am laughing. Is that wrong?

Tina said...

men! they always need assistance dont they ha ha!

honeypiehorse said...

Destine is good for the skin at least. but stinky.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hellllllooooo!
Are you out there?
Are you okay? Has Crisco and Desitin taken over your life?

Anonymous said...

hahahaha oh I hate it when men are like that. And I have to be so careful in the way I ask uuumm are you sure you got it?

hehehe poor kiddo.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing