Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Beast Returns

The evil beast that had previously possessed my son seems to have jumped ship and is now residing in my daughter. I began to realize it during the last few days when she began throwing temper tantrums of such magnitude that even dogs stop and stare at my daughters high pitched shenanigans.

A wonderful example of this was yesterday at work. Work is tense to say the least. Parents are loosing their jobs by the dozens and tempers are high. It was the end of a particularly tense day and I was very glad to be on my way home. Little S toddled out of her classroom looking so cute with a big smile of her face. I gave her a hug and when I went to put on her coat the beast emerged.

She began screaming and kicking and crying and howling. I put her down on the floor and the real show began. She arched her back, kicked and flailed. Parents craned their necks to see who the bad parent was with the insane child and low and behold it was me. Dr. Mom who is supposed to be a child expert helplessly watching her daughter go insane in the hallway. Even B stood watching his mouth open in awe and horror at the beast which used to be his sister.

Now I'm just waiting for the projectile vomiting and her using telepathy to push a man of the cloth out the window and well be all set.

18 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Its alive and well in my two year old as well. And I'm not sure if we'll both survive. i dont remember it being this bad last time around... or is this natures way of making sure you procreate again?

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I have two year old twins. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

I had trouble with my youngest son after he started talking to Captain Howdy with the Ouija board. He's 11 now and he can still turn his head around like an owl. It's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like little missy has found her voice. Lucky mama ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh poor you. Make you feel really great, those public tantrums, don't they?

BioniKat said...

My 13 yo has the ability to work me up so much that...[blush] I think I'm the one having tantrums in public at the moment!!

Erin said...

We are here too----
The terrible 2s are no fun!

Meg said...

That sounds like me when the festival I was at ran out of Guinness.

Hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, what would be the point of motherhood without rage-induced projectile vomiting?

Vered said...

The arched back - love the arched back - it really adds to the drama, doesn't it?

April said...

I wish I had better news for you as they get older. They still take turns, which keeps us from killing and/or disowning them is the good news, I guess.

MrsM said...

No one who has had children 2+ years old in the last 15 years will think less of you when your child throws a tantrum...they're too busy worrying about the horrible, embarrassing things their own children are doing.

Helen said...

Even though my precious daughter is going to be 42 .... I can vividly recall the kind off tantrum you so eloquently describe. The tantrums will stop, I promise .... but you will be remembering them when you are close to 70! She won't remember them at all ... now where's the justice in that? She will have to endure it when she has children!

Adrienne said...

Oh, boy, my daughter used to pitch a good fit every once in a while.
It gets better.

Debbie said...

Memories! I do love a good possessed child:)

Kmommy said...

Oh my! :) My 19month old girl is going through that! Its amazing to see something of that magnitude coming out of such a bitty thing! ;)

Mama Smurf said...

Yet another reason I only have 3 children...

;-)

This too shall pass...

Anonymous said...

After reading the other post and now this one...yeah...I'm a little scared of your daughter. lol

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing