Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Its a snow day and instead of being asleep in my cosy bed I pushed my stroller through the fresh snow sweating and grunting along the way and lugged my family to work. Why you may ask? Good question. Well,I needed to let everyone know school was closed, feed the hamsters and fish and return a few emails...

OK that's all an excuse.

Here the truth Ruth.

The idea of spending another full day with my wonderful little kiddies alone trapped alone in the house for the day put me in such a panic I would have gotten here if giants had been lobbing boulders from the sky. I would have lugged my stroller here if bats had filled the street with a sea of guano.

Yup, its true.

I know I will have to go home eventually. I know I will have to face the stir crazy kids who will become truly scary at 4pm when the idea of spending one more hour with each other and me will make them scarier than a cat in a washing machine, then a four day old tuna fish sandwich in July then Dolly Parton first thing in the morning with no make up (sorry Dolly).

I know. I fear.

But for now...I have work to do.

19 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

One more day stuck in this house with my husband and I'll pull every hair out of my head.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Lucky for me, my snow starved southern children are so hyped up about the first (and only) snow of the winter that they're outside, living it up.

Do you think they'd notice if I locked the door?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can relate. My husband works from home. We are together all day every day. Today I locked myself in the dining room briefly, leaving him with the kids - just a few minutes alone.

Anonymous said...

Snow days. I remember those. I'm going to go cry quietly now.

Madge said...

we're having a snow day too -- but now they are old enough to entertain themselves. sort of. kind of. ok, i hate snow days.

Susan said...

You can't fool us. You dressed those kids up real cute in hopes that you saw Tom and Katie.

Leenie said...

Snow days are an evil punishment for overworked mothers. And usually by lunch time the weather is so nice the children can go out and play and then bring in and shed five laundry baskets full of wet clothes on the floor. Liked the writing guano and all.

Adrienne said...

It's good you have a place to escape to for a little while.

April said...

Or at least, some blogging to do!
(Totally get this. I was very thankful this a.m. for living in SoCal and not having snow days!)

Valarie Lea said...

I hate snowdays when I have to be there. Children all up in my space, I can't get anything done. Thankfully they are few and far between.

Meg said...

My spousal unit is a teacher. When there's a snow day, they're all in my space.

Meg said...

And I hate that.

Helen said...

There probably isn't a mother in the world who hasn't been there, done that! Hysterical .....

Debbie said...

Hey, we all have to do what it takes to keep from eating them:)

Vered said...

I know exactly what you mean. 4pm is tough. The two hours before dinner are tough.

Chimera said...

Blog award for you my dearest Cuz on my site.
T xx

Anonymous said...

I know, I know...it's my answer to everything child related. But, I'll say it again: benadryl! lol

The Mrs. said...

we barely got two inches up here. See you should move further north.

Enjoy the snow!

Tales From the Eurovan said...

That stir crazy feeling is no fun at all. sometimes a mom's got to do what a moms got to do!
Take care,
Julie

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing