Friday, March 6, 2009

Where Out Thou Oh Hoagie?

Its sad I am truly obsessed with a sandwich. I think about it all of the time I even dream about it. Its not just any sandwich its an Italian Hoagie from my home town of Philadelphia.



The anti kosher nastiness that makes you feel bloated for hours afterwards. It stains your clothes and makes your breath smell bad. But its so worth it. I've been obsessed with men I did the teenage stalking thing but this this is different. This sandwich has invaded my thoughts, my dreams. Any food does not hold a candle to it.



Why not just eat one you may ask? Because my sandwich is 97.12 miles away (Yes I map quested it). I tried to bribe my Dad who lives in Philly to fed ex me the sandwich he laughed and explained the bread would never hold up. I explained to him I would take that risk but alas no. No sandwich will be forthcoming.

I guess the fact I am dieting has something to do with it. Nothing that hasn't been weighed measured critiqued and fussed over ever enters my stomach. But this sandwich with its mayonnaise and vinegar soaked bread would have me throwing my scales and measuring cups out the window if only for a moment of its time.



I mean just look at it.

Its tempting luncheon meat, its soggy soaked bread. Who wouldn't rather spend a good 10 min with this sandwich than doing any thing else. Yes you heard me right I would rather have 10 min alone with this sandwich than 10 min alone with Brad Pitt (Unless he was holding this sandwich during that time for me to snack upon).


I don't think I have ever been this obsessed with food let alone a sandwich. I wish I could forget, think about something else. But alas it is no use.

So unless Brad shows up soon my Dad gives in and mails me sandwich or the tooth fairy stops delivering quarters and leaves a sandwich under my pillow instead I guess I am doomed to eat my diet food and wait until I can see my love again...someday.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

I think if something is calling to you that strongly, you might as well just give in!

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love that you can smell hoagie coming out of your pores two full showers after eating it.

The hoagie stays with you, reminding you of its love.

Meg said...

Your'e lucky it's so far away. My true love, Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream, can even be found at gas stations now.

Adrienne said...

I know you can get decent bread where you are. I'd be trying to recreate that bad boy at home!

Susan said...

I hope you enjoy it when you do finally get it.

Not Your Aunt B said...

That hoagie looks yummy. I just had lunch and could eat one. Must look and see if there is a place near here that makes hoagies like that (Subway does not count).

Anonymous said...

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

You know this is a little bit wrong, right? I get you though, I sometimes get this obsessed with a particular food. Last time it was Vietnamese cold rolls.

Connie said...

I love sandwiches too.

It looks awesome! 97 miles...why not take a weekend road trip?

Kmommy said...

Oh man does that look good! Now I'm in need of one of those hoagies!! :)

Suzanne Casamento said...

We're having a party tonight and I'm making big italian subs. My friends call it "The Suzannewich."

Your obsession is making me obsess. I may have to hide one to enjoy late night.

By myself. ; )

Gina M Smith said...

Found you from Wonders Never Cease. I love smart writing! And smart-ass writing, too! And I mean that in a good way.

The Mrs. said...

are you too knocked up? just sayin...

Helen said...

I just want you to know I can closly approximate this delicious treat at my local Subway! Not quite, but almost!!!!

kari and kijsa said...

Mmmm...a mailed sandwich- we are still grinning!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Tina said...

i dont blame you. it sure looks tasty!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing