Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What We'll Remember

I spent the weekend with my folks. We did lots of great things we went to the zoo, the Aquarium we even endured the living hell I like to call Chuckie Cheese. However this trip will not be remember for touching a baby shark nor will we remember it for falling down at Sesame Place and having the nurse rat out a poor guy putting on his Grover uniform so little B would stop crying and producing a large amount of snot. Nope this trip will be remembered for my darling Hubby getting into a fight at the local "child friendly" pizza shop.

The local "child friendly" pizza shop called Mama Palma in Philadelphia where they serve juice in sippy cups to the kiddies. Where the owner told us to move our bleeping baby, when we placed her high chair in the wrong location in the shop. Who cursed us out in front of about 15 little kids. The "child friendly" pizza place where the owner attacked my hubby (who also had an attack of the machos and knocked a bunch of menus on the floor) and punched him repeatedly in the face while the waiters held him and grabbed a golf club to try to do my hubby in.

Yes we will remember this trip in a not so friendly way.

The morning after I lay with little B in his bed. I was wondering how badly my son had been damaged after seeing such violence the night before. I turned to him and asked "Sweetie do you have any questions about last night?" "Yes Mommy." he replied "I do have a question...." I caught my breath preparing for the worst. "Mommy does Superman swim in the ocean like Aqua Man?"

OK perhaps some of us wont remember this much at all.

Update: We did not call the police. As we left my Hubby was so mad he knocked over a table. We were scared he would be arrested. I just looked up reviews for this restaurant and apparently this guy has done this before. In front of children. Hubby is OK his hand is hurt and he is a bit banged up. I am banged up too.

We did not leave a tip :)

Question: Is it bad form to post things like this? Part of the reason I blog is to have people to talk and to have a record of my life but posting bad stuff like this and the guy in the hallway makes me feel funny. Should I just stick to humor? Is there etiquette on this?

27 comments:

Texasholly said...

HOLY CRAP! Maybe vacations aren't for you? That is seriously disturbing, but sounds like you handled it the best way possible...so crazy.

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my gosh!! That was on heck of a outing!!! So how is Hubby after that whole thing??

Barb said...

So, did you leave a big tip?

Vodka Mom said...

That is classic. However, HOLY SHIT! DId your husband really go several rounds with the pizza guy? I hope he beat the crap out of him.

I'm sure that will be a great story for show and tell.

Amy Plumb said...

Oh my gosh! in front of children that guys an ass.

I hope your Hubby is o.k., thank goodness kids see things in a different light.

Maybe your next vacation will be better.
Amy

Vered said...

Please tell me that you called the police? This is insane.

Brooke said...

I know I will repeat everyone else here, but Holy crap!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus! What in the bloody hell is wrong with society?? Is your husband ok? Did you guys press charges?

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Good Lord! Are you kidding?
I hope you're pulling our legs, but if not, I hope you called the police! Scary!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! Are you all okay? I know that you tend to keep your writing humorous - but I think we all need a follow up. I mean - THEN what happened?

April said...

Is this a franchise? If so, you should contact their national headquarters. This guy needs to GO!
In answer to your Bubba Gump question, yes, there are other things besides shrimp. My parents have taken non-shrimp eaters before, and everyone has loved the other menu items. (The girls had pizza. W/ no shrimp.)

Kristen said...

Oh, my! That is terrible. I would report the restaurant! Honey, there's nothing wrong with sharing your life-and you kept it nice. But oh, my, I think I would have called the police!

Kids are so awesome!

Michele said...

I agree with april--but whether or not it is a franchise, this asshole needs to be reported. That kind of behavior is inexcusable and criminal.

And no, I think that whatever you want to post is fine. Of course your humor is amazing, but sometimes we need to vent and get feedback about things that are disturbing.

Misty said...

That's complete craziness and perfectly appropriate for the blog world. Sometimes life is not funny. Sometimes it's scary and mean. I'm so glad that you guys are okay and love your little man. Don't you wish we all bounced back so quick!

Anonymous said...

Good LORD! What was that guy thinking? I swear, our society is going down the toilet when someone will do something like that in front of kids. Or at all, for that matter

I hope you're all OK. Sheesh.

Heidi said...

I can't even IMAGINE what that guy was thinking! In front of kids? And it was HIS restaurant??? Wow. And in addition to that, you also put yourself through the torture that is CEC. :( what a vacation!

Queen of Pith said...

Sometimes we need to be careful when we blog about bad service.

http://www.queenofpith.com/2008/07/silent-fear.html

In the case I mentioned, the ladies are still waiting to hear the outcome.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I would write a letter and I don't think there is anything wrong with posting the incident. Hey life is not always perfect and I don't want to read about perfect all the time. Hope his hand gets better. That guy is a nut case and should be reported to the better business bureau.

Patsy said...

What an experience. That sounded like a bad situation that just got way out of hand with short tempers etc. Definately wouldn't be a place to recommend --- like you would after this experience. I hope you and your hubby can talk about this and maybe talk about how to be better role models for your child in the future --- even when others are being total ass holes someone has to be the calmer head. Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but hopefully you can help your hubby get some help with anger management. And don't go back there. :) yes, the owner shouldn't have done what he did, yes the police should have been called, and I'm glad your son was more concerned with Superman than what he had experienced.

Anonymous said...

Heehee, your blog always cracks me up.

Part of me is glad to hear that husbandman didn't escalate the violence in front of kiddies, and of course part of me is disappointed that the manager wasn't left on the floor hunting for his teeth =p

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

OY, what an outing! As far as etiquette, everyone has a theory, mine is doubt = don't. Having said that, gopher it works just as well! :)

Kmommy said...

Damn crazy! Sounds like that guy from the "family friendly" pizza place needs to get fired! wow.
Hilarious that B seemed more interested in Superman and Aquaman ;) love it!
I say blog whatever you feel like blogging about! Like others have said, life isn't always jolly and perfect. It makes you more human to post the good the bad and the ugly.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me with this?? I absolutely would have called the police. Knocking over a table is way different than hitting someone. Too bad no one whipped out their cell phone to catch it on tape.

I agree with the above people - call the corporate headquarters.

As for posting this? I think it's totally fine. Life isn't always fun and sunshine and roses. If nothing else, you can do some serious word of mouth damage to the store so that they lose business.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Hey girl.
As for etiquette, I think it's fine to blog about whatever you want to, as long as you're comfortable.
Opening up and writing about the realities of life--some pretty, some not so--sure isn't easy. Well, the writing isn't as hard as putting it out there for people to read. As a writer of a memoir, ooh boy do I know about that.
I say go with what makes you feel comfortable.
Give yourself a hug for me.
And tell upper management. Bad pizza man needs consequences!

Chimera said...

Bloody hell Susie,
just seen this one. Poor M! Poor you! It sounds just like a night out in lusaka....except you all weren't roaring drunk. Are you really alright?
And you didn't answer B's v important question...
T xxxx

Unknown said...

I love action posts!
The drama, the emotion...
Super Man versus Aqua Man.
I laughed, I cried.
Sometimes you really can have it all : )

The Mrs. said...

holy poop batman! what a trip to the pizza place. i say post away about this stuff. No one can be funny all the time. Its not human.

i loved your sons question. And I'm curious as to the answer...

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing