Thursday, December 4, 2008

Morning Has Broken

This morning I was taking my daily 5:30am shower. I get early so I have a little time alone. As I stepped out of the shower I saw five little fingers pressed under the door. They wiggled a greeting and slipped away. I opened the door to find B laying with his arms stretched above his head face down on the floor waiting patently for me to emerge. I invited him in the bathroom and he began to talk.

Mommy why do you take showers and not baths? I dreamt I saw Captain America and he was flying and he said Hi B and I said Hi Captain America.......

He chatted away as I got dressed

Mommy why do dinosaurs not be alive anymore? Why do they have big big poops not little poops like I make?

He chatted on as I put on my make up

Poops is a potty word right? I am in the potty so I can say poop poop poop. Why you not say poop mommy?

Little S got up. She saw me and smiled and reached out her little arms and yelled

Daddy!!!!!

As I nursed her B continued

Now I am out of the potty so I cant say it anymore but i wanna say it mommy can I huh? Can I say poop?

I brushed my teeth and S laughed and laughed.

I brushed her teeth and she spit on the floor like her big brother (although he spit in the sink)

Then she smiled a big toothy grin (with her four teeth)

You know I don't think there is anymore of a perfect way to begin my day.

(OK so sue me I gotta do a sentimental post every now and then. I think its in every mommy contract to ohh and ahh over their kids every now and then. Don't worry tomorrow Ill be crabby old me I'm sure.)

28 comments:

Ali said...

These precious little moments are what make being so amazing. They're everything.

Debbie said...

Sweet, sweet moments. Savor every one of them.

Erin said...

I love sentimental posts! Frankly, I am impressed that you shower at 5:30 AM, and that you weren't crabby because B was awake the moment you got out of the shower.

Erin said...

So sweet......I need to be writing down my moments somewhere.

Kate said...

LOL...I'm not sure this would have been a sweet moment for me. I'm NOT a morning person. :)

Glad you enjoyed it though. It's moments like these that make ya keep the kids.

Anonymous said...

This made me smile :)

Chimera said...

yeah...sweet...erm..
lordy she 's got four teeth! Soon she'll use 'em on B...oh oh.
Loved the face book post too. I have to agree with everything you say. I am on by the way. Poke me!
T xx
Really lovely style and wit again!

Maggie said...

I love moments like that!! =)

Adrienne said...

What a couple of cuties! That does sound perfect.

Amy Plumb said...

Thank God for our children who keep us grounded.

Tay said...

you have really cute kids. I love little kid conversation and the things they dream about! Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! That is too precious. I'm so glad you shared this sweet moment of motherhood.

zipbagofbones said...

That is just darling! I'm barfing over here from all the darlingness! Baby girl wanna spit like bubba. Awww!

Meg said...

Yes, I would trade what comes out of my kids' mouths for that poopy talk any day. ;)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

So so sweet.
I hope you're printing out posts like this so you can save them to read when they're little devils--or when they're 16 and driving you crazy! :)
Becky

Anonymous said...

Stop by my place for a prize...

Not Your Aunt B said...

B needs to call Miss A and they can chatter away all day!

Vered said...

This was SO SWEET.

You are so patient! I'm impressed.

Kmommy said...

Aw. That is very sweet. Can't think of a better way to start a day :)

Kmommy said...

Oh, and ya just gotta have a sentimental post in there once in a while ;)

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my Gosh B is hilarious!!


READ THE BOOKS!!!! So far out of two books, I have only cried one time. They are great!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

This is an interesting post, I suppose it's because I am just not the mommy type, that I don't appreciate the "awww-factor", but if it weren't for mommies, none of us would be here, right? Take care and wait...what's that in your hair? Toothpaste? Your friend, "Nervous around Kids".

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love this sweetness. Truly.

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me too!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Suzie,

I saw your comment on Vered's blog and wondered if you'd be willing to send me a short list of paranormal romance novels. I wrote one once (I think), and I would like to see what's in the field.

Tales From the Eurovan said...

You don't have to apologize for sweet posts! We need to be able to remember these on the days when things are, how shall we say, not so sweet!
Take care,
Julie

April said...

love it. sounds fantastic! and yay for nursing mommies :-)

April said...

Yeah, they usually know how to do just enough to make us remember why we love them so!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing