Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm Outta Here

You remember that Seinfeld episode where George Costanza would always leave on a high note. If he could get people to laugh he would say, "All right! That's it for me. Goodnight, everyone!" and leave the room. I think I understand George in fact I think I am George.

I loved my post yesterday. Not to toot my own horn but it was a good one. I mean sometimes you just gotta pat yourself on the back and say "Good post Suzie! You hit the nail on the head with that one." Well I sure did.

I started to write today's post but quickly saw it was a loosing proposition. I started one about friendships but it didn't quiet cut it. I started another on coffee but really, it was a snore fest. I thought about doing a belated Wordless Wednesday or a Thursday 13 even a Friday Sky watch but deep inside I knew it wasn't going to deliver that same wonderful punch. Its sad but true.

You know I think I just need to accept the fact that anything I say today is not gonna be as good as yesterday. I'm not topping that one. Today's post just doesn't have a chance. Poor little post you never could reach your full potential. You were destined to be number 2 at best.

Boy I mean I sure was great yesterday. I'm still laughing. Cant get it out of mind really. Wow I mean that gonna be hard to top. Yup great..... Anyway....

All right! That's it for me. Goodnight, everyone

26 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Some days are diamonds, some days are stones, but you, my dear, are always hilarious!

Vered said...

Did I read yesterday's post? I'm not sure. Off to check it out. :)

April said...

Haha! I totally get that!... I too dwell on my good posts. But, you've got to have lows so you can see the highs, right? I think?

Kmommy said...

LOL! Great follow up post ;)

Not Your Aunt B said...

Great follow up post! Enjoy your weekend.

Maggie said...

OK, I'm so going to yesterday's post to check it out!!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I had to take a blogging break for a couple of days due to some drama at work (you wouldn't understand...right?) Anyway - I'm just catching up. I agree great post yesterday. Who doesn't relate to that. You can't write the best post ever EVERY day! I look forwad to being a few years in and just pulling from "the archives" when I'm not feeling inspired.

Adrienne said...

Some days have to just be filler, right?

Anonymous said...

Filler!!!! Why I never! I thought this was an inspired post. Funny in its own right and full of yummy goodness! You go Suzie You go....

Ok its me Suzie but filler really no way :)

Erin said...

Unfortunately, I feel like this more often than not! And yet, you still made a really cool post out of feeling like you had nothing to write about!

Mama Smurf said...

Well...now I'm gonna have to go read that last post! LOL!

Red Flashlight said...

You could just save your thoughts as "drafts" yoo no. Then, when you're looking for inspiration at a later date, you might find something to get you going. I should follow my own advice. I'm a bad blogger. :(

Amy Plumb said...

I think you always have great post. I understand though how it just doesn't feel good though.

You have a lot going on.

Hang in there, and don't worry your post are fine!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to go frame yesterday's post and hang it by my computer as inspiration...

Chimera said...

yeah... you're right.

NAHHH!!! Only kidding sweetie! Your posts are always hysterical and intriging and often absolutely disgusting.
Love ya,
Cuz
T XXX

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about my post yesterday!

Mandy said...

I love George...
Anyway, yesterday's was awesome! Good job!:)

Meaghan said...

Thanks for entering to get free coffee :) I really appreciate the support! Almost all our coffee's also come in decaff and if you win we will be sure to send you decaff :)

I just had two buttons made one for the coffee blog and one for the GTB Fights cancer blog(www.gtbfightscancer.blogspot.com). If you want 6 extra entries for the free coffee add them to your blog :) Just make sure you leave a comment saying you did!

-Meg
www.getthebean.com
www.getthebean.blogspot.com

The Mrs. said...

oh I hear ya!

Vodka Mom said...

you're right. It was brilliant. Every once in a while, when that happens, I find myself rolling those thoughts around in my head. Savoring them over and over, and hearing them in my sleep. It's a lovely tune....isn't it?

Forgetfulone said...

You have such a great sense of humor!

Erin said...

You are sooo funny!
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

too true.
and I oft say to my husband with my blog in GENERAL:

I wanna go out like Seinfeld.

we americans beat stuff into the ground and let it (waitforit) jump the shark :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend was fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I think, when you have a post of brilliance, you should be allowed to rest on that laurel for about 5 days afterward. :-)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Suzie, where are you?
Please oh please don't tell me that your last post was an ironic way to say au revoir!
My days would never be as fun.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing