Monday, January 5, 2009

Catch Up

I cant believe how long I went without blogging. It was scary I missed you guys. I think I may have gone through a little withdrawal on the first few days some cold sweats a few shakes but by the end I was almost ok. Ok but not complete how could I be without my bloggy friends. Sniff.. but those kiddies of mine those crazy little aliens who live in my house would not have it. As soon as the computer went on something would smash, someone would punch someone else or a little someone known as S would stick her tongue in the electrical socket (no kidding this really happened). So this was pretty much a bloggy free break.

I thought I would give you a quick run down of my week as I actually have a lot of work to do (gasp):

S weaned herself

Since I am no longer a human milk machine I have begun to take diet pills to loose the endless folds of baby weight. I now find I have enough energy to scrub the floor, make dinner and write a novel all at the same time.

My coffee maker broke. I feel betrayed and angry. I loved that coffee machine oh how I loved him.

I saw the mummer parade which is a weird Philly tradition consisting of vast amounts of alcohol and men in dresses and feathers holding parasols

I have come to the conclusion that Ryan Seacrest has sold his body to Dick Clark who's soul is now inhabiting it. That man is rich I mean really rich. It could happen.

So I hope you are all caught up. I hope you all had a happy and healthy New Year.

23 comments:

Tay said...

Sounds like you had quite the exciting time... Glad you updated!

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you back!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in blogland. Good luck with the weight loss. I always find it falls off once I stop feeding.

Queen of Pith said...

What pill are you on? I would like something to kick start things without getting the runs. Of course, that is once Sammy decides to wean.

Valarie Lea said...

Also wondering what pill??

I think you are totally right about the whole Ryan Seacrest Dick Clark thing.

Suzie said...

The pill is phentermine your doctor has to perscribe it though. It worked really well after the last baby. Maybe too well because as soon as I lost the weight hubby knocked me up again.

Adrienne said...

Welcome back. My condolences on the coffee maker, and glad S is okay after that shock treatment.

Adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

We have missed you. We need more info on the tongue incident. I how come I didn't see that parade when I was in Philly?

Unknown said...

I'm back toooo!
Happy New Year :)

April said...

Congrats on the weaning!
When coffee makers die, a little part of me dies with it.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That last one made me laugh out loud! And I think you may be right...

Meg said...

The only guys I like in skirts are Celtic rockers.

Welcome back!

zipbagofbones said...

I would have done anything to see that parade. Also, your coffee machine was sleeping around with my toaster. I thought you should know that you're better off without him.

The Mrs. said...

glad your back!

hey I've given some thought to your drinking game fish suggestions... one problem (although is it really a problem) its only 1:55 and I'd already be WASTED, with five hours till bedtime I might not be able to stand once their asleep. I might have to modify this or something.

Vered said...

Welcome back! Congrats on not being a milk making machine anymore. I can relate. It IS a relief to get your body back. Be careful with those diet pills, though, OK?

Unknown said...

LOL! I have wondered that same thing about Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark!!! You're comments on my blog today cracked me up! You are such a ham! I love it.

Kmommy said...

:) I also took somewhat of a break. And it actually felt pretty good! ;) not a slave to the computer for a few days.
I left a couple of awards for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! And yay for the weaning! Sounds like a fun break...well...except for the aliens.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Welcome back! I love these kind of posts with the photos.

Brooke said...

Ahh so good to read your posts again! welcome back!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Smurf said...

No coffee maker!?! ACK!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing