Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Horrors Continued

Just when you thought it was safe and Halloween was over it rears its ugly head again. Although Halloween is long gone I find I am being haunted by a four year old boy. This four year old child floats around my house moaning and chanting in a way that is so scary it chills you to the bones. The chant always seems to be the same:

I want my trick or treat candy! Do you have my trick or treat candy? Can I have it now? I want candy? Its mine why cant I have it huh?

I can be cooking in the kitchen or doing the laundry it makes no difference it come when it wants filling me with fear as it moans its terrifying demands:

I want a candy bar? Do I have any candy bars left? I want one. I like candy bars. Do you like candy bars? Is it dessert time yet? Can I go trick or treating again today PLEASE?

This morning was the scariest moment yet. I woke up switched on the light in the living room and there it was. Sitting on the couch. Clutching a bent lollipop with the wrapper still on. It squinted in the bright light and looked up at me with sleepless, haunted eyes.

Can I have this now? Is it dessert time? I want this lollipop. Its green. I love green lollipops can I have it now? Can I huh?

I've read some books on haunting I tried all the tricks tried lighting candles, sprinkling salt in a circle but it seems to have no effect.

I think I am doomed!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I got on Top Mama as I am very vein and love seeing my pic up there can you please click on my pic to keep me in the running click
here
or click the top mama sign on my side bar
and click my Sweet Marie pic
Do it a lot please
Be your best friend

23 comments:

M. Bail said...

Very funny! I hate Halloween for this very reason. Every year I try to decide, should we try to drag the candy out for weeks and weeks, allowing them a few pieces daily, or just let them gorge until it's gone and be done with it. We went for gorging this year. Thank goodness it's almost all gone and we can move on! (until Valentines and Easter...ugh)

Anonymous said...

My house is haunted too.

Maggie said...

Sadly, I think I've had more candy than the boys have this year. =S

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Scary!
I have a ghost in my house too! He haunts especially loudly for tootsie rolls!

LunaMoonbeam said...

HAHAHAHAH...Oh good heavens - I think I have your ghost's doppelgeinger in my home! That's too funny.

Green lollipops ARE nice, though. :-)

Kate Coveny Hood said...

My kids are younger and still pretty out of sight out of mind. But I think that I'm going to have to come up with some strategies for next year when Oliver is four...

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh! My 3 year old is doing the same thing! Threw a temper tantrum in the grocery store yesterday overwanting more candy! Ugh!

Valarie Lea said...

No matter how hard I try to hide out trick or treat candy, my little gooblin seems to find it. Wrappers are showing up in the oddest of places. Even the dog has gotten into finding the candy. He ran past me the other night with a lollipop in his mouth.

April said...

hhahahaahha! maybe it's good we ended up with no candy!

zipbagofbones said...

O THE HORROR! Better get youself a Ghost Buster!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

heehee.... Sounds hard to resist. (I'm only haunted by inner ghosts.)

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Adrienne said...

Oh, The Ghost of Halloween Past. I may have seen that one, too.

Kristen said...

Yeah, me too. Except I fixed that problem last night when I pretty much consumed the rest of the candy watching election results. Nervous eater.

Vered said...

Haha I know, Halloween has a way of sticking around long after the holiday is over. :)

Jannie Funster said...

ha-ha! The little moaning candy monster. I stuffed mine so full that Halloween night and the day after, it seemed to take the moan right out of her!

No but seriously, I let her have a couple-3 pieces after a good protein dinner with a glass of milk.

The Mrs. said...

I didnt think this would work but it did. I let him pick out three pieces of candy in the morning. They are his for the day. He can eat them all at once or one at a time and shockingly he gets this. He doesnt get that he shouldnt lick the cart at walmart but for some reason this candy thing is right up his alley.

Mc Allen said...

I am soooo right there with you!!My lil p and her daddy keep hideing her candy so after work its alllll I hear about.. I might stat eating it just to get rid of it- hey, thats a great excuse err, reason!!! ;) LA

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I would take it out in front of the kids and pretend to drop it and then explain it was dirty and could not be eaten and then they would not ask because they knew it was gone.

Ali said...

Hehehe

Lance said...

Funny! Haunted by the ghost of Halloween candy!! Now, if that bag of candy had been vegetables....

Kmommy said...

LOL!! We are haunted too! ;) my boy is all about the dipsie rolls (tootsie), m&ms and kitty kats ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha! I wish my house was haunted! :)

Forgetfulone said...

Oh, yeah. I hate Halloween!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing