Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Olympic Sport

Everyone in my house seems to have diaper rash (kids that is I don't know about my hubby but I think he's OK).

S has a diaper rash that looks like she is just raw. It is an ugly one we had to buy a cream to cure it that was more expensive than most of my wardrobe.

B has the privacy rash. The rash that makes him close the bathroom door and pretend he has it all covered even though the boy cant wipe his bottom to save his life.

The result of these rashes are two very cranky kids and the constant need to apply lotion. I thought I knew a lot about my family but I have learned something new during this rashy time The Up The Hill Backwards family has buttocks of iron. When I go to apply these creams those kids clamp down like no body's business. The jaws of life couldn't pry those suckers apart. I wish there was a strong butt cheeks Olympic sport cause my family would get the gold.

As I write this I realize I will now be forever connected with google searches involving iron butt cheeks but hey when I get a chance to brag I go with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way thanks so much for all your great Christmasy advice, You guys rock!

22 comments:

Erin said...

I think coffee just came out of my nose!!!
"Iron clad cheeks," You just made my day!!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Go with what you know.

Meg said...

You've earned those bragging rights just for applying the cream so often!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Buns of steel babies!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What talent! I wish I had buns of steel.
By the way, how about those Christmas google ads on your sidebar? Poor thing--You just can't escape it!

Valarie Lea said...

Not sure what lotion you are using, but I have a secret.

Mary Kay night emoliant cream a/k/a That pink stuff at my house. My step mother used to sell the stuff and I am telling you what, it will get rid of a diaper rash quicker than anything I have found.

zipbagofbones said...

Gives new meaning to Buns of Steel. Move over, Jane Fonda (or whoever that was)! I call that "squenching".

Jannie Funster said...

iron butt cheeks, now there's a tag line.

I hope everybody clears up soon, poor sweeties. Did you check your hubby?

When my Kelly was 3 and itchy she'd say she had a "radish."

Madge said...

yep. you will get tons of hits with iron butt cheeks. it's one way to get new readers....

Anonymous said...

Instead of the 'jaws of life', you need the 'jaws of butt'. :-)

Vodka Mom said...

"Those kids clamp down like nobody's business' That was GREAT!!!!!!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

would this be a winter or summer sport?

Vered said...

That sucks!

Hope they get better soon.

Debbie said...

Maybe if we acted like them, we'd have buns of steel too. Think that would work?

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Just another little gem for the "virtual scrapbook."

Poor kids - I hope they heal quickly!

Lance said...

Iron butt cheeks - I love it Suzie! And, if that ever does become an Olympic sport, I expect to see you there, coaching those two little munchkins of yours!

Anonymous said...

Buns of steel! lol Will was the same way, but he did it everytime you tried to put pants on him! So, at least they aren't making a career of it...well...until that butt Olympics starts up!

April said...

This is one NOT to keep for the kids to read later. If your son reads this one day, that year he will celebrate Xmas - sans Hanukkah - far, far away!

The Mrs. said...

go get some Triple Paste. Dash-2 had the worst diaper rash and that was the ONLY stuff that worked. If you cant find it on the shelves ask behind the counter at the pharmacy or heck, worse comes to worse I'll send you some. That stuff is amazing.

If I ever lose the link to your site, I'll just google ironing but cheeks. You know everytime I post about poop or showing things up a nose I think well, now thats going to be one more crazy search I show up on. At least I'll be in good company.

Forgetfulone said...

Cheeks of iron! You crack me up!

Tina said...

haha that would be funny if someone did actually google that. i think they would be excited to actually find it rofl!

Susan said...

This post reminded me of a commercial on the net several years ago, where this really cute girl cracked a walnut with her "cheeks". Sorry I couldn't find the link to it. Funny post, though.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing