Monday, November 17, 2008

A Very Very Bad Weekend

This weekend was not what I would call fun. In fact I would call it a hell fest. I trip through awful land. A peek into the land of terrible horrible. All courtesy of my son B. B was in rare form. He tackled his sister with some impressive WWF moves. He created some riveting works of art on the dresser in his room. But his most impressive feat took place Saturday afternoon when B had metamorphosed into a slobbering high pitched Helli monster.

We decided to take him to the park as we were all becoming a bit scared of the beast that used to be B. It was cold and gray but we bundled them all up and off we went. The way the weekend was going I would have taken that child out if giants were dropping boulders from the sky.

When no one could feel their fingers anymore we decided it was time to go home. We let B run ahead as Hubby and I walked behind trying to find strategies to handle our little beast when suddenly I couldn't see B anymore. Hubby set out on a quick jog to find him. As I watched I thought of which toy I could take a away as a punishment.

I saw hubby running in another direction then another. I realized B was gone. My heart rate started increasing the sweat began pouring down my face as just about every Sally Field's movie ran through my head. I began to run and scream for B. Poor S just held on to the stroller for dear life as ran like a mad woman looking for my darling little B.

Suddenly a man grabbed me. "Are you looking for a little boy in a yellow and blue hoody?" I nodded choking back the tears. He ran with me to a park bench outside of the park on a street facing a huge intersection. There was B curled up in a ball. The minute I saw him I burst into tears. Yelling "What did you do?"

"Why are you crying mommy?" He asked. His Daddy ran up a second later resisting the very huge impulse to throttle him. And echoed my "What did you do?" question.

B got very quiet realizing just how much trouble he was in. "You have no idea how lucky you are!" I yelled and sobbed. "You could have gotten hit by a car! Someone could have taken you! You could have died and never seen your mommy and daddy again! You have done a very very bad thing! Very very bad!"

Ive never been so happy to hold that little beast. And stroke his little monster hair.

And I don't think Ive ever been so happy to see a Monday morning in my life. Hooray for Mondays!

27 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Oh - that's terrifying. I'm so glad you found him and it goes to show that it's important to make a scene that others can see. Half the time, it's a stranger that helps you find your lost child. I get chills just thinking about this. I think kids should stay in strollers until they start high school.

Debbie said...

Bless your heart! What a terrifying experience. I have lost one like that two times, and both times it feels like time stands still except your heart is bursting out of your chest. I'm glad he was safe and sound.

Rosa said...

You had me shaking there too !
Pity that I wasn't there. Little lost kids have a way of following me around thinking that I'm their Mom.
I must have comforting looking legs!

Anonymous said...

That is so scary! I freaked out once when I thought I lost Bee in a store. I swear, I almost hyperventilated.

So glad B. is OK!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness, bless your heart! I can just imagine how you felt!

April said...

that little guy sure is keeping you on your toes. i can't tell you how glad i was to get to the end of the post and see he was all right. my heart is with you.

Erin said...

My pulse was racing during that one.....
I would have passed out.
Glad everything is ok!

Erin said...

My pulse was racing during that one.....
I would have passed out.
Glad everything is ok!

Unknown said...

Whew! What a harrowing experience! Thank heavens that man was a safe,kind man who told you where he was.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank God. I've lost L in the mall. It is the worst feeling. Breath, Suzie, breathe...

Adrienne said...

Yikes! My son went missing in a crowded museum once. Longest few minutes of my life...
I agree, sometimes a predictable Monday is the best thing!

Not Your Aunt B said...

That makes my heart stop. The panic, the fear of losing your little guy! I am happy that he is ok and safe. What a horrible weekend! Here's hoping for a more pleasant week.

zipbagofbones said...

Oh my god, how scary. Thank god he was ok.

Erin said...

I'm glad things ended up okay. That is so scary!

Hope you have a better week...

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That is scary..Glad it worked out and yes nice Monday is here! :)

Kate said...

Man, I know that feeling. You don't know whether to hug them or smack 'em! My son wandered way ahead of our group one time at the zoo and it took me 10 minutes to find him - the longest 10 minutes of my life. So scary.

Glad everything worked out well for you.

Vered said...

I'm so sorry! I'm so glad you found him and that he was safe.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You poor thing! That is so frightening! Yey for Mondays!

Chimera said...

Police tags and horse tranquilizers for all.
T xx

Anonymous said...

I can’t imagine what you went though. That is horribly terrifying and I was choking back tears just reading your story. I’m so glad your B is safe!

Brooke said...

Thank goodness he was safe!! It is amazing how we are with them one second and they disappear so fast! That happened to me once. I will never forget the panic I felt. Awful feeling!

Veronica Foale said...

You just wrote about my worst nightmare.

Bobbi said...

Thank Goodness he was safe!

That reminds me of the 2 times I got lost in stores. They were terrifying for me, but apparently not so much for my parents, I don't think they even knew I was gone until the overhead intercom told them to come get me at customer service. My how the times have changed, haven't they!

Ali said...

That's the scariest thing in the world. You know what though? I don't think he'll do it again!

autumnesf said...

I lost my middle child in a roadside stop in Iceland once. A foreign country where nobody spoke the language to understand what I was saying. Heart stopping. She had wandered into the indoor greenhouse and was busy checking out all the plants while we ran around screaming her name in another part of the building! UGH!!

Lance said...

How scary and frightening - I know - we once had our daughter disappear for about 20 minutes - it was the longest 20 minutes of my life. I'm so glad everything is ok. Hold on to that...

April said...

I'm a week late, but TOTALLY get TGIM.
B seriously keeps your hands full, doesn't he?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing