Friday, June 20, 2008

My Scale Is A Flithy Liar

Since February I have been actively trying to loose the baby weight as I blew up like a giant balloon full of eggs, cheese and baby while pregnant (I tend to gain a lot and I mean a lot of weight while pregnant). So now I am trying to get back to anything resembling a pre-baby me. I weigh and measure every scrap that I put in my mouth like some kind of crazed lunatic. And each morning I jump on the scale hoping to see those numbers go down way way down.


This morning I jumped on the scale and it listed my weight as.... hmmm... lets say 125 pounds (so, so, not true not even close I haven't weighed that since high school but the number, for my very large post baby frame was OK especially since vacationing and eating like a steam shovel in a quarry full of pizza and soft serve ice cream). I get in the shower humming a little its not so bad I'm not so fat tune. I get out of the shower happy in the knowledge that I am not so fat and for some masochistic reason I hop back on the scale.

Suddenly I am 3 pounds heavier. Three pounds! I move the scale a little and now I weight 4 pounds more. Did I unknowingly eat an entire Papa Johns barbecued pizza between the shower and the scale? Did I somehow unknowingly fall on four pounds of chocolate and eat it all while unconscious? Or perhaps as my father has suggested the gravity is just a little bit different in different parts of my bathroom?

Whatever it is I think my scale is messing with me and it is just plain mean.

14 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Suzie, now you know where the old saying about she doesn't weigh XXX "soaking wet.."
Good luck girl. I love the way you write..

Anonymous said...

I think your body absorbed 3 pounds of water while in the shower. Yeah, that's it. Three pounds of water.

Kmommy said...

LOL!! I absolutely agree with Kristin H! That's what I was going to say ;)

Kate said...

My scale does the same thing, the dirty rat!

The Mrs. said...

yeah i dont get my scale either. its as if depending on where i place it in the bathroom i can gain or lose 5 pounds. i would have kept it where i was down five but you couldnt close the door and hubs thought i was being a dork. my vote is for water weight. i dont weight right after a shower or at the end of the day. i just do first morning weight.

Anonymous said...

Water weight - plus, your hair was wet right? And you have to consider all the conditioner you put in your hair. That stuff doesn't wash out easily.

Forget the scale. Use a favorite pair of pants as your gauge. It works much better and is better for your ego; trust me!

Welcome back.

Improgging Fool! said...

Your boobs probably just got bigger. See? Not so bad after all.

Our new improg word just happens to be "knockers". Come on over and talk about it!

http://improgging.blogspot.com

Rebecca Ramsey said...

All scales are liars. And they're in it together so be careful. Also, they sometimes conspire with pants.
At least mine do.
Becky

Vered said...

Mommywizdom said "Forget the scale. Use a favorite pair of pants as your gauge." I agree! If you have to weigh in, try really hard to only do it once a week.

Good luck!!!

Forgetfulone said...

That is so not fair! I avoid my scale for that very reason. It's a liar!

Anonymous said...

This happened to me once, and then I figured out that it was because I had one hand on the wall, which shifts your weight and takes off a few pounds. So now, I lean against the wall sometimes on purpose, you know, just for a little pick-me-up.

Barb said...

I am the queen of losing weight! But I am always finding it again...

I will tell you two little secrets:

1. Never weigh youreself more than once a week.

2. Always weigh yourself on the same scale at the same time of day.

Anything else will make you crazy.

docgrumbles said...

Getting rid of my scale was the best thing I ever did.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Screw scales.

Its my personal opinion that people can fluctuate five pounds in the course of any given day. OK, so I'm probably WAAAY off on that one, but let me believe that, OK?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing