Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why My Son Will Be In A Crib Until College

My son sleeps in a very large crib. Its really like a twin bed with bars on it like a mini jail. I know many people think he is too old for a crib (he is after all an old geezer at the age of three) but they don't know my boy.

On vacation he had to sleep in a regular twin bed no bars he had been set free from his baby jail. We shuddered in fear.

The first night at 3am I leapt out of bed with the feeling someone was watching me. There was B standing at the edge of the bed just staring at me like that little girl in poltergeist. It was very creepy. At least he wasn't holding a butcher knife or wearing a mask or anything.

The next night B came into bed with me at 6am (much better) I put my arms around him to snuggle up and put my hand on his bare bottom. I asked him where his pants were and he said "I went poopy mommy" Uh oh! I went into the bathroom he had indeed went poopy but instead of toilet paper he used every towel in the bathroom to wipe. It was a poop fest indeed

The next night was fine no problems no staring creepy kid, no late night poop but in the morning this is what I found.

Somehow he had climbed in bed with his sister. I have no idea how it happened but it did.

So obviously am not one of those parents who feel the need to move my son into a big boy bed. Not now at least. In fact I am happy to keep him in the crib until he is like um..... 15.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...a poop fest. No one wants one of those.

Bee woke me up by staring last week too. You're right, it is a little creepy. I mean, even though it's your child, it's still weird when you open your eyes, and their little face is only inches from your own.

Kmommy said...

LOL! I do not blame you there! If it weren't for the fact that D figured out how to lift his leg over the crib rail and is a little dare-devil, he would still be in a crib!!

maryt/theteach said...

Bwahahahahaha! Suzie, your stories about your kids are hilaarious and usually poopy! :D

Kristen said...

Oh, you are too funny. Sounds like my life. It really does. We left our firstborn in her crib until she could climb in, out and change the sheets herself!

Vered said...

I say keep him there as long as he's happy! My own kids climbed out as soon as they could, but if he's content in a crib, I don't see any reason to change anything, ESPECIALLY after reading your stories!

maryt/theteach said...

Suzie, I've tagged you! Don't worry do it only if you want to! :D

The Mrs. said...

ick poop.

we are the opposite here, we moved both boys into beds at 15 mths. It worked well for us, i think at that age they were too young to understand they could escape and they've had a few tries now they really do understand that the bed is sacred. Get out and mom will kill you. We really have a nice understanding in this house.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, that was funny - sorry... He's not too old for a crib. I kept my daughter in her crib until she was three plus. We had to kick her out when her brother was old enough for the crib though. Otherwise, she might still be in there.

I love that B climbed in the crib with her. He just needs that stability - it's Okay. He'll outgrow it when he's ready.

Love your stories...

Henry said...

That was so funny...especially the midnight poop fest. But I guess the cleanup was...icky. Hope everything went well.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing