Friday, June 27, 2008

Hubby To The Rescue

I'm not trying to complain(who me no never) its just not my style (yeah right) but now I can see why women usually get stuck doing the child raising. Its not that were better (we so are) its just that we're... hmm... whats the right word... a little more focused.

Last night when Hubby came home I ran into the bedroom shut and locked the door and tried to take a little disco nap before making dinner. Fifteen minutes later I was awakened by a sad little voice calling, "Mommy...Mommy... Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...Mommy..."

I stumbled bleary eyed out of the bedroom and found B sitting on the potty every magazine was strewn around him on the floor along with an entire roll of toilet paper unravelled and wet. "Mommy...I went poopy." I looked around for my hubby and there was no sign. I looked into the living room and there was S munching on something very crunchy I ran into the other room and pried a piece of wood out of her mouth. Still no hubby. I cleaned up the bathroom and helped B wipe while giving S some cheerios to help her forget about her delicious meal of wood.

I wandered into the kids room and there was my Hubby laying on the floor talking on the phone. He shushed me when I went to ask him what on earth was going on. Important phone call I guess. I love my Hubby I do and he is a great Dad but really.... Next time I think it might just be less work to stay awake.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last line said it all.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I just made a similar comment on someone else's blog - they can be the best Daddies in the world but STILL miss something that happens right under their noses! Poor boy, stuck on the potty! Makes you wonder how long he was stranded there. Could have been worse, though. He could have gotten up and run around!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh Suzie, only Moms know how important it is to be on top of things. But I'm sorry you're so tired! What do you mean about my fancy pants link?

Kmommy said...

I so hear you there! If I'm alone in the kitchen cooking dinner or doing dishes, I'm on a holiday ;) and I will peek in at hubby "babysitting" the children... B will be tangled in phone cord or eating carpet fuzz... D will be getting into something.

maryt/theteach said...

Suzie, I didn't take any offence at the fancy pants thing. I just didn't get what you meant...sometimes I need a little sleep too! Ha! You are a great blogger that I love to read. I feel like you're becoming a dear friend! :)

Suzie said...

Teach: Thank you so much I consider you a dear friend too. :)

kmommy: My baby loves the carpet fuzz too maybe we have a new award wining product on our hands.

Stacey Olson said...

LOL.. so sorry that you didn't get your nap.

Vered said...

It's amazing really, because they are so competent is so many other areas, yet managing the home and the kids is such an impossible task for them.

Indrani said...

Oh I too went through this phase. Children grow up fast so don't worry. :)

The Mrs. said...

hmmm our husbands must be cut from the same cloth!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing