Monday, April 14, 2008

The Dark Place I Call My Mind

S is still reeling from her 6 months shots and did not sleep more than two hours last night. As I sat there in the darkness rocking her bouncy chair with my foot I began to go to a dark dark place in my mind. I thought I would share with you a few of the thoughts that came to mind around 3am this morning:

  • What if I never get to sleep ever again?
  • What if I sleep but I don't wake up in time for work?
  • Is that a mouse?
  • What is that scratching sound?
  • One day I will die!
  • One day my parents will die
  • One day my husband will die
  • Will my kids die before me?
  • What if everyone keeps using hand sanitizers and a super virus grows and everybody dies?
  • What if no one dies and the world gets more and more crowded and we can't die?
  • I can't believe those women at the table next to us ordered the blooming onion and the cheese fries. If they get clogged arteries it will be my fault. I should have warned them. No no one like that. I wish I had some cheese fries.
  • I know that is just the stroller making that shadow but what if there is something hiding behind it?What if that something has bony wings and is the size of a man?
  • What if its an alien coming to take me away?
  • What if I never loose weight and I gain more and I end up on that Brookhaven show where everyone weighs 500 pounds and I can never use a regular toilet seat again?
  • What if it's an alien with bony wings here to kill me?
  • What is Donny Osmond doing now? Is Marie OK?
  • What if its a mouse?
  • OK no more thinking....is that thing moving?
Needless to say I did not sleep. But that stroller sure has been looking at me funny.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, that's a bad night. Truly bad. I hate it when my mind takes over. It leads me down very scary roads.

Barb said...

I think you could use a large glass of wine, followed by a nice hot bubble bath and a nap. Go ahead, you deserve it.

maryt/theteach said...

Funny! Funny! I started to worry that the picture was YOU! And it looked so much like Donnie/Marie Osmond!! Don't Worry, be Happy! :D

Suzie said...

The picture is not me you are right but it is in fact Donny! Hard to tell those two kids apart especially with that 70 hair do. Scary!

Kate said...

Ugh, isn't is scary the places our minds go when you're exhausted? Hope your little ones gets feeling better soon and you can get some rest. Of course, then we may not be as entertained...

Kate said...

p.s. I tagged you for a meme over at my blog! Come visit!

Madge said...

those sleepness nights actually end at some point. although i still wake up most mornings with a six year old snuggled up next to me....

The Apron Queen said...

Dear blogging friend,
My meme tag response is up. You can go right here. Be there or be square. :D
Yours truly,
The Apron Queen

Texasholly said...

You need a nap.

Forgetfulone said...

I had a night exactly (well, almost) like that last Sunday! I kid you not! I could have written that.

MrsM said...

I feel ya on the no sleep thing. I never sleep I black out, and then I don't even remember sleeping or feel rested afterwards or anything. Maybe it's because I'm only blacked out for an hour or two. (According to my husband) Baby Bug is exactly 2 months old today and I haven't slept in....about 3 months....but I look forward to not being crazy (someday).

P.S.-I sent you an email with two different samples for your new blog design. Let me know what you think!

Chimera said...

You have had ELEVEN comments! By adding to them I just make you more of a celebrity which in the end adds to your paranoia and keeps you awake thinking bony winged things are coming called papparrazziiiii. I won't do it tells ya...! Oh...errr. Hang on...
your T cuz x

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing