Thursday, April 24, 2008

Its As Bad As You Think

So I am walking home after work yesterday. B is in the stroller talking a mile a minute and S is strapped to me in the carrier.

A woman walks besides me and says, "I know its not easy but you have two beautiful children." I thank her and keep walking all the while thinking isn't that nice a little strange but nice.

A few moments later a man walks besides me " It looks like you have your hands full. I know its hard. I'm so glad my kids are in their twenties." OK now is that a coincidence or is something up.

I walk on and a third woman stops me. "You have such a great family. Don't worry It gets easier."

OK what the Hell!?! I know I haven't slept a full night in over a year. I know my pants don't fit and I didn't get to brush my hair today I might be walking a little erratically but really do I look so bad.... oh I get it... right.... poop

11 comments:

Texasholly said...

This made me laugh so hard. It is complex-inducing to receive comments like that. The first one you think...oh, how sweet and then after that...oh, how creepy! Too funny.

Madge said...

just keep walking baby. just keep walking.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Yeah - been there. I had a woman once tell me she would say a prayer for me.

I NEED STRANGERS' PRAYERS?!?

Damn.

Kristen said...

Oh, that is funny -people still do that to me when I'm out with all three. Lots of pity!

Stacey Olson said...

LOL must be radiating off of you. Sounds to me like someone is trying to send you a message..LOL ((((hhhuuuggs)))))
Mine are almost 16 and 10 It will get better, then worse, then better,, LOL you are a strong woman, you will be just fine..Hope your baby is feeling better.

maryt/theteach said...

LOL! At least people are concerned! HA! :D

Happy Campers said...

hehehehehe That was cute :)

irish daisies said...

i agree we have been there :) i hope you have a great week!

MrsM said...

I think after so many children they stop feeling sorry for you and start judging you. My best friend has 4 children and all anyone can ever say to her are "are ALL of those YOURS?".

I much perfer to have only two and receive well-wishes instead.

Kate said...

First, love the new design!

Second, hang in there sister. I feel your pain.

Kmommy said...

Hilarious! I get it in the grocery store all the time. One in the cart and wearing the other one (who is always missing a sock by the end of the trip and they're telling me how cold her tootsies must be!).

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing