Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bed Please

I've been up since 4:17am. I feel stupid sluggish and on the verge of tears. I think I've been like this for weeks, actually probably months. Even when I was pregnant I was up every few hours to pee. The sleep deprivation is really starting to get to me. I find myself talking to people who are not there sending the same email over and over again. the same email over and over again I just want a large juicy hamburger and a big highly caffeinated coffee neither of which I can have. Its a good thing babies are so darn cute or we would never survive as a species.

Update: In a desperate attempt to stay awake I went to Starbucks. As I'm waiting for my idiotic drink a crazy man bursts out of the bathroom yelling "Who was knocking on the door?" He starts screaming and jumping up and down and screaming about privacy and in true New York fashion no one noticed him. I felt a little bad cause he was trying to be intimidating but no one even looked twice. Sometimes I love New York. I think were all one step away from freaking out in a Starbucks and thus are not interested in other peoples rants.

3 comments:

Michele said...

A friend told me that the reason why babies are so cute in the morning is so we don't kill them. So true, so true.

I hope you get some well needed rest!

Anonymous said...

That is strangely funny about the raving man and the complete lack of New York interest. I still remember that woman going up to the man in the bathrobe on Halloween and saying 'I love your costume but I don't get who you are suppossed to be..' and him saying quite politely 'Maaam..I'm not wearing a costume.'
S and B were damn cute then too.
Love cuz

Gerbil said...

I'm right there with you on the sleep deprivation. I'm getting to the point where if I sleep the whole night through i actually feel sluggish and ill. Yay for caffeine.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing