Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hurray!

I couldn't take it anymore. I am at work. I have no idea how stay at home Moms can take it. I am so awed by their strength. Me I am a wooss. I love my children I really do but after more than 48 hours with no sleep and covered in snot work seems so wonderful calm and clean (keep in mind I work with children including my own so I am obviously delirious).

B's eye is drippy and gross but no longer contagious. He slept in my bed for a few hours last night which is not at all restful as he talks endlessly even when sleeping. I vaguely recall having a conversation with him last night and I have no idea what I said which makes me nervous.

I feel so free and happy here at work. My black jacket is still black and has no little snot marks on it. I have used the bathroom, alone, with no one shouting at me for milk while I go. I ate something without interruption or having to stop to do something gross for someone like wipe a butt. I secretly feel I should pay them for being here but thank god I don't have to do that.

Hurray for work!!

2 comments:

Gerbil said...

i'm glad he's feeling better... and you get to go back to work an get some rest. ;)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with the being at work thing. I kinda look forward to getting to my office in the mornings, drinking my coffee and readng e-mails without hearing "mooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee" coming from the other room. :) I don't even mind that they are work-related e-mails with problems and issues. I can SOLVE those! I cannot solve "he's looking at me" more than once a day. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing