Monday, March 31, 2008

Tag Me I'm A Virgin

I've been tagged. It is my first time so I guess I am a tagging virgin. I have no idea what a meme is but I will try to play. I've seen these on other people's blogs and I was always a little jealous it meant you were a real blogger. I"M A REAL BLOGGER NOW! WEEEEE!!!!!!

Anyway Gerbil tagged me and I have been told this is how you play. I have lifted the rules directly from Gerbil's blog so please don't sue me this is my first time:

Rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here I go drum roll please:

1. I am scared of statues. The roman kind especially make me nervous. When I was a kid they really made me nuts. I had dreams of them coming to life and grabbing me. Yuck freaks me out even thinking about it now.

2.I pride myself on carrying the smallest purse possible. Even with two kids I am happy if I can carry a purse the size of a postage stamp and somehow manage to fit diapers wipes and all the ends and ends needed into it. I have had many purse explode due to my need for bittiness.

3. I eat these 100 calorie cookie packs each night. I love the Lorna Dunes. When I am done they get stuck in my teeth. I know this is gross but I pick them out of my teeth and it makes my husband crazy. Knowing that it makes him crazy give me some sort of perverse pleasure and makes the cookies twice as good.

4. I cannot roller skate. When I was a kid my dad insisted I learn as he thought this was a required skill of adulthood. I never figured out how to do it and I always hated it. Now when I see people roller blade I just wanna push them over.

5. Sometimes when I am on the subway I think about licking the pole where all the people put their hands. I don't do it obviously but I think about it. Not sure why. I am very glad we humans have a certain amount of impulse control otherwise I am sure I would be very ill.

6. I stopped taking math in tenth grade. I was told by my teachers that girls wouldn't need it and we should make room for the boys to take math. Although it was a horribly sexist thing to say and I am appalled I hated math and never needed much of in my life. I guess if I ever have to work my way out of a circle and need to measure the radius's or something Ill be sorry.

7. I was once bitten by a scorpion. I was out kayaking in Utah and it crawled into my hat. I put the hat on my head and developed a searing headache and fever. Later in the day when I took it off I found the dead little guy. It makes me feel macho whenever I tell the story.

Wow! I did it. I am very excited I feel I've gone through some right of passage. I tremble when I think of bistowing this honor upon another. Who shall it be? Hmm ok here goes.

HoleyVision

Postacademic

And Then There Were Two

Rockmama

Escape From Brooklyn

I've Changed My Name to Mommy

Nonwhorganic

Please dont hate me!

-------------------------------------------------------

And while were at it I've Changed my Name to Mommy
wants us to do an Opera giveaway post so here goes I would give 10,000 to :

Samaritans suicide hotline for new phones and new desks
Saint Jude's for new toys and computers for he kids cause those commercials always make me cry
To cuz to give to the kids in hospice in Zambia for medicine and toys
To a friend of mine so she could buy a house and disappear from her nasty mean husband's life
To the thing that buys maxi pads for girls in Africa so they can go to school
To the Lighthouse to give the visually impaired access to via voice and voice recognitionsprograms so they can use computers more easily
I would buy computers and toys for Ronald McDonald House for sick kids and their families
New shoes for all the kids in New York 3 different NYC homeless shelters

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

croggmGnad!!!! You have passed me a strange and interesting meme indeed (whatsoere that may be). I shall do as thou askest Brave Susie...hmmmmm how doth it workest again????
Cuz of limited brain space

MrsM said...

I'm not hating. Although I still don't know what meme stands for, I think they're fun.

Later today I will be posting :) I look forward to seeing your big give post too. (If you decide to do one.)

Madge said...

i love #3 -- anything to drive husbands crazy. why do we do these little things to annoy them?

oh. because they do it to us...

Barb said...

I am so glad I read this when I did! It reminded me that I have 100 Calorie Oreo Crisps in the cabinet! So, I was wondering, if you eat 2 packs is it still 100 Calories?

I'd say that skipping math in the 10th grade hasn't hurt your PhD much!

MrsM said...

Thanks for posting a Big Give. I like how you were specific about the things you would give. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into it. :)

Texasholly said...

I love the licking the pole. And glad you have shown self control.

Anonymous said...

I can't roller blade or skate either. I wish I could because then I would be game to go ice skating.

Yay for a first meme!

Michele said...

I'm happy to play along but I sadly do not know 7 other bloggers to link to!
Your list really cracked me up--thanks for posting it, and no I don't hate you!

Suzie said...

Go for it Michele

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is
great blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

Feel free to visit my blog day cash advance

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing